Friday, April 20, 2012

Adoption Meeting

Yesterday we went to Charlotte for a follow-up meeting with our agency.  There was only five couples, so it was a lot more intimate although I don't have trouble speaking and asking questions in front of others.  I mean to me, these meetings are SO valuable and an opportunity to be clear on everything.  We learned more about what will be happening during the home assessment part...which can't come fast enough.  We are just waiting on our case worker to contact us to setup our first interview.  One of my questions/comments was:  "No pressure, but when should we expect to hear from our case worker?-Cause we are more than ready."  We also learned about when to tell our child about adoption.  I mean I knew that we should talk to Little Miracle right away through trade books, etc.  One thing that I really loved was what Angela, the Charlotte case worker, said in regards to telling about adoption.  She said, "When do you tell your child about Jesus?"  Well, duh!  Done, enough said!  We got to look through profile books of other couples, and got a lot of ideas of how to create ours.  I am going to get started soon, since this is more my cup of tea than Ty's.  He will be in charge of the video we make to go along with our book.  In a nutshell....we are waiting to complete our home assessment and profile book/video, then we will be a waiting family~

No comments: