Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's green alright...and a beautiful sight!

This past week we had some painting done including the nursery. We chose "Afternoon Delight" which is a light lime green. It appeared soft enough for a nursery yet bright enough for the modern non-traditional nursery feel I am going for in the space. Well...it is bright green! After the painters started the trim I began to worry. I kept telling myself that once the furniture went in, it would change the color and soften it. I was right...I love it!
We needed to put up new light fixtures in the master bath and afterwards we planned on putting together the nursery furniture. Ty isn't really big on home improvement projects...but my begging worked because we began to put the furniture together at like 7:30 that night because I wanted to spend the rest of the week getting the nursery put together.
We have never seen so much styrofoam, cardboard, and HUGE boxes. (The recycling guys are going to love us!) We got everything together rather quickly and we were so pleased how it all turned out. I did get a little teary eyed at one point. I mean I have waited eight years to do this...and it just melted my heart.
I am not ready for the big reveal yet. Remember patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

Kari said...

It is so great to see you doing this! I can't wait to see a post with pictures of a baby in that room!