Monday, November 12, 2012

God's little whispers of HOPE~

I wanted to let everyone know that you should clean your ears as often as you can.  God will whisper things in your ear and tug at your heartstrings, which is what has happened lately.

We are just praying and waiting for birthparent selection.

A few weeks ago, we went to Louisville, KY for our nephew's wedding that was absolutely remarkable.  It was by far the most spiritual wedding that I have ever been apart of.  During their slide show one of the verses was whispered as a reminder of hope, because it is our adoption verse.  Ephesians 3:20~it's on the cover of our profile book!  Just a little touch of how our journey although on hold is still in the works.

Last weekend I had a girls day at the Holiday Market and one of the booths we passed was for Caroline's Promise.  They were selling earrings and bags and I wanted to stop and talk with them, but they were busy.  That was my first little whisper to remind me that they have grants out there for adoptive couples, once their home study is complete.  Caroline's Promise is a Christian organization in Kernersville actually that gives $3,000 grants to Christian couples adopting domestically in NC/SC.  So here we go with more paperwork, but hopefully it will be worth it. 

The third whisper came last night at a concert at my church.  The second band was called "The Sounds of Daniel Bashta" and his first song was good.  I got up to go to the bathroom before the second song started.  Bad mistake, or Satan one.  We were sitting in the balcony and when I was getting ready to open the door, I heard the lead singer talking.  I didn't want to disrupt by opening the door so I just stood in the doorway and listened as best as I could.  What I missed was his testimony about their adoption journey which led to the song "Like a Lion."  I only heard bits and pieces and when I sat back down, my friend was saying how cool that was, but that was all she said.  After the amazing City Harmonic concert I came home and began investigating about writing the lyrics of a song.  I found out they did a domestic adoption and now they are partnering with Bethany Christian Services (our agency).  Then after further research, I found his wife's blog post and it totally moved me!  I also found Project Gift  through  Christian Post Article.  To me, this is a call and a cry out to promote the adoption plan for children in the US.  Please download their song and think about making a donation.  As I was home today from work, I decided to send the lead singer a private message on Facebook about last night and how it touched me.  I hope that he will write me back!

My sister-in-law also messaged me today and said that she dreamed that "I was holding a baby ya'll just adopted and we were standing next to you congratulating us."  She said that she couldn't tell when it was...but it was a sign from above.  YAY!

Love whispers from the Great Planner!

No comments: