Sunday, October 7, 2012

So MUCH!

I am SO behind on posting on the blog, and I hate that because so much has gone on in the past month! 

First of all, on September 17th we got a very important letter from Bethany~!  It was an approval letter saying that our home assessment had been approved and processed with the state director.  In the letter it also mentioned that we are ready for the next step in our journey, birthparent selection :) and then hopefully placement!  Just when we couldn't be any happier as we read the letter...the last sentence said that we have a bill of $3,500 due to cover the home study assessment.  Man, so much of a business transaction process. 

Next, we had dinner with friends of ours who are also adopting through Bethany.  They are a super sweet couple who are just behind us in the adoption journey.  It is so awesome to have another couple who are feeling the same feelings, going through the same frustations and emotions.  Not to mention the excitement and fun as we long to complete our families. 

Back tracking again, my "unofficial" grandmother also passed away from cancer.  She was SO close to me and meant a lot to our family.  It is my uncle's mother.  People may think how can she be like my grandmother?  Well, our family is extremly close and she would come to all of our family functions.  Just a few days before she died, she told my aunt something that I will always treasure...She said that "when I get to heaven, I am going to ask God to send a baby miracle our way."  Really, how priceless!  I know she is sticking to her plan every day up there! 

I also mailed our profile books to the three agencies: Arden, Charlotte, and Raleigh.  As I waited in line at the post office, I prayed over these books, and for the hands that would hold them and choose an adoption plan for their child. 

Lastly, on Wednesday of this past week I got an email saying that we can read over our home assessment and make any changes necessary.  I read that 18 page monster the next day, made the changes, and clicked submit.  On our portal, we found out that everything is good to go and ready for showing! 

So now, as people ask "Have you heard anything?" we can officially say that we are "waiting on God to bring us together with a birthparent."

As always, prayers are appreciated as we await our miracle!

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

We worked with Bethany also for our International adoption. . .home for 4 1/2 years! They are awesome. You are in Gods hands and Bethany is there with you.

God bless!!