Monday, June 4, 2012

One is done...

We survived our first Home Assessment meeting.  We had to be at the meeting at 3:00 and as I left school, many co-workers were saying that they were praying for us.  I so needed that!

I stopped on my way to get my adoption file because our case worker needed a certain paper, although our file was complete.  That began to freak me out a bit.

The interview started with Ty and I reading some scripture and prayer~Colossians 1:9, Psalm 21:6, and Isaiah 12:2-3.  What a perfect way to start the meeting.

I was somewhat nervous at first and we had to start with our journey that led us to adoption.  That certainly took a while.  It was very detailed and personal, but they already know so much.  When we were discussing that, it brought back a lot of memories and recounted more of our journey that we so safely tucked away in our minds and hearts.  We also talked about what we understand about adoption, the birth mother, and how we are going to discuss adoption with our child.  Our case worker did say that Ty needed to answer some of the questions first because I was so extroverted.  Hee, hee.  We did joke and laugh and we all got along great.   Ty and I did disagree or have different opinions about one thing...but that's okay, just something that we have to discuss.

I honestly didn't really know what we could talk about for right at three hours, but we managed to do it.  I did feel my armpits get sweaty, well, because I was sweating bullets the entire time.  I think they set the thermostat hot to sweat it out of you like in an interrogation.

We tentatively set up the remaining meetings.  I am hoping that we can meet on the 14th and then finish up on the 25th.  If not, then we will have to go into July.  I really want to be done before then. 

The next meeting we will be doing the preferences sheet and then come to our house for separate interviews with each of us, yikes.  Then we have the official home visit....and then after she gets everything typed up, we WAIT!

Thanks for your prayers, I felt them today. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This entire process gives me goosebumps and I can only imagine what emotions you both are going through. I'll continue to pray and have you in my thoughts throughout the entire summer! You have been very instrumental in 2 of my children's lives and will make a fantastic mother! Good luck on the rest of your journey and I'll plan on following your blog all summer!!!!