Friday, June 15, 2012

No Worries...

Yesterday was my first day of summer break and all I wanted to do was lay around in my jammies, drink coffee, watch the Today Show, and veg.  Instead, I cleaned scrubbed all the nook and crannies of this house to get ready for our case worker interrogation visit. 

I was not actually that nervous and didn't review through the mounds of adoption books to search for the right answers to tell her.  I did make one mistake...get on mtv.com and watch the Teen Mom: Adoption Special.  That wasn't too smart.  I didn't want my mascara smeared and show that I am in Ty's words "a basket case".  I have been fascinated by Katelynn and Tyler's story (I did get to chat with her on FB through Bethany earlier this year) because they used Bethany and her little one lives in Charlotte now.  She is such an inspiration to other moms and have been influential into their decision to adopt, and (wink, wink) go through Bethany. 

When our case worker arrived, my interview was first.  I was so glad that she wanted to sit on the couch and even gave her one of those lap desks to use :).  You know me, the hostess with the mostest. 

We talked alot and the time seemed to go by quickly somewhat.  When Ty got home from work, he went upstairs to pack for our trip and it was kind of weird talking about our marriage with him upstairs.  I did feel kind of weird then and I began thinking about how he must feel upstairs. 

I was talking with her for about two and a half hours and then I decided I needed to make a trip to Target and Kohls while she met with Ty.  Ty text me about 8:30 and said that he was done.  Yikes!

We have our last meeting scheduled for the 25th, but I would like to move it to the 28th because our profile book has to be approved by her before we print it.  At that meeting she will inspect the house, go over our preference sheet, and finalize any questions she has before she writes up our assessment.  Then WE WILL WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over our vacation with Ty's family I am going to have to work on our profile book through Snapfish.  I like doing that kind of thing, so it should be fun.  However, this book will be SUPER important because our birthmother will select us based on this book.  No pressure.

No comments: