Monday, January 16, 2012

Thoughts...

Things have been somewhat quiet this week because we are waiting on our formal application to be approved from the State Director. Our intake coordinator said that this shouldn't really take long because most of the issues kick back on the prelim app. She said that we will get another "packet" to work on for our Home Study and that "should keep us busy" until our first meeting on March 9th.

I have been cleaning out and getting yard sale bins together to put in the garage. I am not sure what is going on, but I am more willing to get rid of things. I guess I know that I won't want to read all those books that I have already read on my bookshelf. I will have children's books to read to little miracle and I have my Kindle. Plus, if it can make more moola for us to pay for the "big transaction" then so be it.

If you have ideas for any fundraisers, please let me know. We usually do really well at our neighborhood yard sale that I coordinate, so I have that. We will also have a Poker Night that should do really well. We are also thinking of doing silicone wristbands too. I plan on applying for grants, but I can't until we have completed our Home Study. I would love to sell the cute, new and trendy stamped pendants, but I don't know anyone personally that does them~and I really don't want to start something new. The total due at placement isn't confirmed, but I know it's going to be a lot of zeros, like 6~~~yikes! It makes the excitement of placement kind of a downer.

Okay, I am getting ready to blog puke everywhere and let it all out. Personally, I am overjoyed and excited about this adventure we are starting. I would almost consider phase 1 complete. People that I talk with have lots to say and lots of opinions. "What if you get all this ready, and the birthmother changes her mind?" "Why are you shopping, and are so far out from placement?" "Why do you only want a caucasian baby?" "I could never give up my baby." Well, it is the ultimate sacrifice, just like when God gave up his son to die on the cross for all of us. The questions go on and on. Trust me, all of these things do go through my head. How I am dealing with everything is a simple thought...TRUST and PRAYER. I have to cling to the One who has made all things possible, both good and bad. It might or might not be all butterflies and rainbows, but I KNOW that God has a miraculous plan for Ty and I. Inhale and then exhale.

We need your prayers and appreciate all of the prayer warriors around the country!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you daily as you take this journey! I'm so excited for you and know that since God has put this little one in your heart, He already has ever detail worked out!