Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Baby Event and more prayers~

This weekend was really fun. Saturday morning mom and I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to their Baby Event. We were greeted with four months of CFA coupons for breakfast and milkshakes. When we went to the back of the store, it was like being in a convention. Vendors of all kinds, here to overwhelm you. We joined in the conversation a mom-to-be was having with an associate on car seats. Come to find out, she is the store manager at Buy Buy Baby and was so super nice. It was like having our own personal shopper during the event. She showed us all about car seats, strollers, the never ending bumper on the crib debate, and the dreaded bottles. She was so excited to hear about our adoption and told us to ask for her when we go back to CLT to her store. The raffles that they were giving away seemed awesome...although I wasn't going to be happy to win the breast pump :). My name was called for the first prize, so anticipation left early. I won a Joovy foocot, which is a modern brand. I won a child's cot with storage bag and it is a cool lime green color. It retails for $79. Ty wants to sell it, so we will see. Mom ended up getting her crib bedding on clearance for dirt cheap too. I went to BRU afterward to use a coupon...can't let those $5 ones go to waste. I was able to get 3-2 packs of pacis (1 pack is glow in the dark for night time), outfit with hat and socks, 2 teething toys on clearance with addl' off, and 3 travel size lotions for $20-SCORE.

Friday morning I got a text from my minister at church which was a little weird I must say. He said that he wanted to know if he could use part of our story to introduce his sermon Sunday for Baby Dedication day. We chatted on the phone, and went to church like normal. Several people stopped me in the hall to tell me congratulations from the first service, so I knew that it was meant to be. Sure enough, Bill began by telling that it is easy to become a parent, sort of. Then he said our names and had us wave in the audience. He said that after trying for several years and after doctor confirmation, we knew we couldn't have kids. He said that we still wanted to become parents, so adoption found us. Everyone in the congregation clapped for us. Yes, we turned vibrant shades of red. Then he told the story of how we told our family. After that, he went into more detail about becoming a parent. The goal of that wasn't to boast about us or make us feel like we are the "super couple." I mean, he called us. I think that it was a sign from God to tell the services so that more people can be praying for "little miracle." I believe that with all my heart. I sure do hope that we can be a part of Baby Dedication 2012...Ty said "it will be cool when we do it!" Yep, it sure will.

No comments: