Friday, February 17, 2012

The Big Purchase

Last Saturday, Ty and I went out shopping. While out, I mentioned running by Babies 'R Us to look at the furniture to see what we liked. They were having a trade-in event with a big sale and gift card, so I wanted to possibly take advantage of the good deal :) We walked around the Greensboro store, and only found two collections that we liked. I have researched and researched found that baby italia was one of the best brands. We found one set that was on clearance in a beautiful cinnamon color. The sales associate said that she would give us an additional 20% off because it was a display, that certainly made Ty's ears perk up. However, we found too many scratches and knicks to make it worth it to us. We home and on the way we talked about going to the Winston store to see if they could order it. In between going to dinner with friends, we swung by the other BRU and as I walked back to the furniture dept, I saw a man taking the cinnamon bed apart. I had spoken to someone earlier at that store, and I couldn't believe that someone would snatch it that quick. (If only Ty didn't need to shave his head...we would have been able to get the set we wanted-but that's another story.) That collection couldn't be ordered because it was on clearance, but Ty went looking around some more. We both kept coming back to the baby italia, but in a different style, Hamilton. It is so beautiful. The lady that helped us was the supervisor and she said that she loves it and that always gets good reviews. When we were doing the paperwork of ordering, my heart started beating fast and my palms got sweaty. They said it would be ready in 7-14 days, no worry for us! Well we got a good deal, but it was still VERY expensive: 25% off crib because of trade-in (went to thrift store and bought an umbrella stroller) to use, then we got another 10% off for opening BRU CC and the lady gave us an additional 20% off the chest of drawers.

I love our furniture and I know that Little Miracle will enjoy having such a nice set from the time they come home until when they leave for college!

No comments: