Thursday, August 9, 2012

Profile Book~

Well, I finished up the challenging profile book and we were so happy with how it turned out!  We had to order only one so that it could be approved and then we will keep that one as a keepsake.  Remember that this is the book that potential birthparents will look through to select us.  As people ask about how things are going, they are surprised to find out that we are birthparent selected.  I love it!

When our case worker reviewed it, she did mention that the background design we chose might be distracting.  I had to be front with her...we don't want to change it.  We think it tells more about our personalities.  We are not solid colored people :)  Of course, we will do what she says...but we will see.  We are in the process of setting up a review session.  We had several people read through everything and nobody mentioned the background as a distraction. 

On another note, our Home Study assessment has been completed for several weeks and she should finish typing everything up...hopefully soon :)  No rush, not!

The highlight of the month so far has bee my principal asking me if I have thought about who would do my long term sub leave when Little Miracle comes.  EEP!  A retired teacher from my school actually mentioned to me that she would be interested...so we talked and she is a GO!  I hated not to be able to tell her a tentative date...but she didn't seem to mind.  I told her the other day that she has certainly become an important person in this process.  Yippee~one day it will happen.  Stay calm, my heart. 

No comments: